What is Owncloud?
Owncloud is an open source online file and application (AGPL licensed) that is ready to be installed on your own server with support for PHP (with version 5.6 or higher) and SQLite, MySQL or PostgreSQL. Low requirements make it possible to install it even on a Raspberry Pi. For that reason, hosted in our own server, we guarantee privacy and security.
Owncloud was started and released in 2010 by Frank Karlitschek with the objective of give users control of their data network, providing a free alternative to private solutions such as Dropbox or Google Drive, with which you grant Google and its Collaborators a worldwide license for the use of your files.
- Synchronization of files, contacts, calendar, mail, etc. Between various devices
- Secure storage using encryption
- Possibility of sharing files to other users (private) or through link (public)
- User management by the administrator (s)
- Installing and running online applications:
- Music player
- Contact Manager
- Calendar Manager
- Text editor
- Document Viewer
- Image gallery
- Bookmark manager
- More apps
- 512 MB RAM
- Mysql or MariaDB
- PHP 5.6 or newer version.
- Apache 2.4
Installation and Use
Owncloud has on its website manuals for both user, administrator and developers, with stable versions adapted to the different systems. Installation Manual - enlace Administration Guide - enlace User manual - enlace